Me, feluccas, history and healing in Luxor, Egypt

This is the story of a "felucca girl" in Luxor, Egypt.

I have refound my youth in this amazing country, making it my permanent home, spending my time showing tourists the wonder of the eternal River Nile on a traditional sailing boat called a felucca.

Egypt is a very spiritual land. A land of amazing energies and healing. Temples and tombs abound. Join me in experiencing the spirituality of Egypt. Reiki, Crystals, Healing, Energy Work..... all are available here.

Welcome to my world!

Monday 5 March 2012

A great week in Luxor!

I had a great week last week!  I am not sure where to start but it was a wonderful mix of work, fun and peace.



During the week I spent a wonderful morning in the Valley of the Kings with 2 lovely Belgian ladies who I was looking after for a friend. 4 hours and only 3 tombs! We loved it!




I made it to one of the films at the African Film Festival, wandered along the new corniche before heading for coffee with yet more friends.



I spent a couple of hours on a caleche.... visited Ace Animal Hospital and was taken to view a working water wheel complete with donkey turning the wheel.  (There was a cow, but apparently, the cow had gone lol)

I also went to Karnak temple, again another amazing morning, I find new things every time I go there!

A friend bought me a pressie from the UK..... I now have a fabulous new bag which was stuffed full of gorgeous smellies, and a nice chunk of really strong mature cheddar!

I spent quite a lot of time on the East Bank this week, and had a lot of fun while I was there. Copious amounts of coffee were consumed at varying times!


The building work has slowed down now....  the building in front of me seems to be complete from a building point of view, next door is being painted as we speak (and the outside walls are canary yellow!!), the roof seems to have ground to a halt.

This is the building in front of me when they started in November, it is now a 3 storey building! But fortunately it is not blocking my view of the river!
Hodhod bird



And here is a hodhod bird on my balcony, with the new building in the background!





Home is once again a reasonably quite place to return to.  Well, except for today and yesterday when they have decided to play music very loudly and sing along! I am guessing it helps the paint to dry!

Another West Bank sightseeing excursion tomorrow morning is planned, should be fun and I am hoping to see the new statue at Amenhotep Third! Must tell the driver to drive slowly! 

View to the West Bank from the new corniche



Another busy, but fun week looms!  I hope you all have the kind of week that I think I will have!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a fab week. Wish I had been there xxx

    ReplyDelete